Back to competition
Ice Cream Sundaes
Terms & conditions
ALDI ICE CREAM SUNDAES PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is ALDI Stores (A Limited Partnership) (ABN 90 196 565 019) of 1 Sargents Road, Minchinbury, NSW 2770, telephone 13 25 34 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over and open to NSW, ACT, VIC, SA and WA residents only.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 02/12/2019 and ends at 11.59 pm on 08/12/2019 (“Promotional Period”). All times throughout the Terms and Conditions will be based on Sydney local time, which will be AEST or AEDST (as applicable in Sydney on the relevant date).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
i. Go to https://competitions.aldi.com.au/Ice-Cream-Sundaes and locate the entry form;
ii. Insert the requested details including full name, email address, phone number and postcode;
iii. Click the checkboxes to subscribe to the ALDI email newsletter and agree to the full Terms and Conditions; and
iv. Answer the following question in 25 words or less: What's your favourite childhood ice cream memory?
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
12. The judging will take place at the Promoter’s head office, 1 Sargents Road, Minchinbury, NSW 2770 starting on 10/12/2019 . The judges may select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
13. Winner(s) will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the judging and their name(s) will be published at https://competitions.aldi.com.au/Ice-Cream-Sundaes/Competition-Closed from 13/12/2019.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win the Ice Cream Sundaes prize pack valued at $165.88 . This includes Ice Cream Maker, Reusable Ice Cream Containers, Ice Cream Spoons, Unicorn Pops, Bear Pops, Watermelon Pops, Ice Cream Scoop, Ice Cream Spoons, Ice Trays with Lids, Waffle Cone Maker, Soda Stream Spirit Machine and Soda Stream Bottle 2pk.
16. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. Total prize pool value is $165.88
19. Prize(s), or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the Internet in relation to the promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking, redemption and/or use of a prize.